Statement of Responsibility
Dive Jervis Bay operates in the Jervis Bay Marine Park and acknowledges a greater responsibility to maintaining sustainable environmental practices due to this fact.
The Dive Crew must at all times demonstrate commitment towards implementing practices which will promote environmental sustainability. The following policy governs the management of the environmental aspects of our company, with specific focus on education, best practice and ensuring respect for the Jervis Bay Marine Park.
Dive Jervis Bay will consistently strive to promote environmental awareness in the Jervis Bay Marine Park, encourage participation in local environmental activities and follow best practices in waste reduction, conservation of energy, spill mitigation, water preservation and protection of the marine wildlife.
- Comply with any laws governing the environment
- Actively look for ways to implement our Policy
- Work towards the conservation of energy, water and resources in all our operations
- Strive to better understand both the direct and indirect impact that our practices may have on the environment.
- Promote environmental awareness on every trip with every client
- Each month have at least one environmental focused Facebook post or email to our clients.
- Dispose of waste thoughtfully, and develop an attitude of "reducing, recycling and reusing."
- Lessen our environmental impact by purchasing environmentally-friendly products and services where possible.
- Regularly review our business practices, SWMS and determine whether each practice is suitable in an environmental context.